Josephine chose to be "Angelina Ballerina" for Halloween this year. She was actually just a ballerina, but she has an Angelina Ballerina book, so she calls all ballerinas Angelina. We gave Josephine the option of going trick or treating or answering the door and giving candy to people. She chose to go trick or treating. We took her over to Papaw's and figured that she could go to one or two houses and if she freaked out on us, we could just go on home. That didn't happen. We went through the entire neighborhood. She never said "trick-or-treat" but she did say "thank you" to everyone who gave her candy. Her mom is proud. :)
We tagged along with a couple older girls and went house-to-house with them. Towards the end, there was a police car patrolling the neighborhood and he/she knew the grandmother that we were tagging along with. She had the police officer flash the lights for the kids to see. That certainly got people to come to their front doors! We were in a cul-de-sac and it took about 5 seconds for every front door to be open to see what was going on. Josephine liked it too.
Ada went with us too, but didn't wear a costume. She gets really heavy after walking around for over a half an hour. Poor thing was so worn out by the end that she fell asleep on the walk back to Papaw's.
Josephine and Ada before we went trick-or-treating. Josephine refused to wear tights, so we put black pants on her. Ada didn't dress up.
Josephine, Ada, and Elizabeth.
Josephine with her loot.
Just had to share:
. . . sometimes you just gotta go to sleep no matter what.
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Halloween 2008
Posted by A Southern Homeschooling Family at 2:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
EMMa,
This should be an email instead of a comment, but here goes. First LOVE the Halloween pictures! I CANNOT believe how much Jo's grown! Ada's beautiful, too. Hilarious about the cop car.:) I can just imagine. The pic in your parents' driveway: you need to wear orange more, I'd recognize the actual driveway anywhere (ie w/out blue behind); and how many times did i leave there w/traded jelly bracelets or purses?
Second, we're heading to Tenwek this friday for two weeks. Which leads to the third thing, what I"m doing currently. WATCHING TSOM finished packing. YES, I AM! PRAISE GOD!:) I have not watched it in months. I cannot remember watching it since Wil was born, but I KNOW I have, at least once, maybe twice. I know you're shocked, dead on the floor as I type. I see that it really does look OLD doesn't it? Or maybe I"M getting old and not 8ish y.o. anymore! I'm still LOVING IT. Also, I cannot find teh DVD remote so I'm watching it w/captions at bottom. Let me tell you, what a way to watch it--when you have it memorized. You see how things are spelled and see that for zillions of years that you've been quoting it, some words are wrong! (OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Well, I think of you every Time I see it, plus when you took me to teh TN theatre to see it (and I dozed). That was one of my favorite times to see it EVER.
Will be thinking of you, Nate, Jo, Ada, your mom and Dad. Give my best to all of them.
Will get pics of Wil and Africa out upon return.
Love,
JADm
Post a Comment