Josephine got her first haircut today. I've been trying to convince her to get it done for months now since her hair gets so tangled and in her face. Unfortunately, I had to bribe her with a movie to get it done, but she did it with no fuss once the movie started.
Here's a picture of her hair before:
Here's a picture of after:
I didn't intent to cut it that short. It was wet when I cut it, then as it dried, it kept getting shorter and shorter. Plus, her hair does the weird flip thing at the end like mine does. I still have a lot to learn about cutting hair. Her hair does look cute, though. She looks so much older. Josephine says she likes it.
In other news . . .
Can you tell what that is on the paper? Jo wrote her name. :) With no help or encouragement, I might add. I wasn't even in the room. On the left, she wrote J-O-O. She forgot the other J and J was backwards, but I was thrilled. On the right, she wrote a J then an O above it. We're so proud of her!
Here are some pictures of the girls.
Ada looking up at her daddy.
Josephine in her Africa dress reading Tapiti Plains. What a face, huh?
Smiling Ada at 6 weeks. 
Smiling Ada again.
I think she's look at Nathan for this picture.
Josephine with her wand, apron, and zebra tail. It was too funny not to take a picture.
Other than the colds all 4 of us had this weekend, we're doing well. Ada just keeps growing and growing. Josephine seems to do something new everyday too. Jo still likes having Ada around, and Jo is still Ada's favorite person.
Josephine has said the funniest things lately. Thought I'd share a couple.
"I don't like dark soda. It gives me a kick."
Ada was crying one morning. Josephine looked at me and calmly said, "I think she wants the boob."
Josephine and I started our first chapter book yesterday. It's one of the Hank the Cowdog books. I don't think she actually follows the story, she just likes hearing me do the voices. But we have to start somewhere, right?
1 comments:
Jo's hair cut is adorable! She is growing up so fast, before we know it Audrey and Ada will be that age. Hope to see y'all soon! Miss y'all!!
Love,
Meredith
Post a Comment