Just pictures for right now. Check back later for an update.
Okay, Ada's sleeping and Josephine is watching a movie, so I have a moment to write a bit on the blog. Ada is a wonderful baby. She still sleeps most of the day and night. After the first night, I gave up on trying to get her to sleep in her own bed so she's sleeping with me for the time-being. We both sleep much better that way.
Ada likes the Boppy.
A close-up of Ada in the Boppy.
The girls watching a movie. (No, Josephine doesn't watch movies all the time, it's just the only opportunity I have to do other things, like write the blog.)
Ada looking at me while Papaw holds her. (I love this picture!)
Josephine holding Ada.
My first try putting Ada in the pouch sling I made. It worked better the second try. ; )
Naomi holding Ada. She wasn't quite sure what to think. So many rules!
Josephine and Ada in their "Cuter than a Baby Chocobo" shirts John made them. (It's a Final Fantasy video game thing.)
Ada is a strong baby and can hold her head up for a few seconds at a time, especially if she's searching for food. When she eats, she eats for a few minutes then falls asleep then wakes up again when I sit her up, cries, then I feed her some more. It's a vicious cycle that only ends if she gets too tired to eat any more. She's still sleeping most of the day, though.
Ada looks a lot like Josephine when Josephine was first born. Not identical, but very similar. It's the facial expressions that are so much alike to me -- the raised eyebrows, the wide eyed looks. We'll have to give it a few weeks to see if they are going to look alike when they grow up.
She's had some jaundice, like most newborns. We've had to go to Children's Hospital twice this week to have her blood checked. I wasn't happy about her having the blood test anyway since she didn't seem to have jaundice that bad, then I was really unhappy with the way we were treated there. One nurse wouldn't even let me hold Ada while she took her blood, let alone nurse her to keep her calm. Grr. Then both times they made us stay and wait until they had the results before we could go home. But they wouldn't tell us what the results were, we had to wait on our pediatrician to call us. Grr. Her jaundice is much better now, just as I expected.
Yesterday, when we were at the hospital, Ada's belly button stump fell off. I wasn't expecting it to come off this soon. It was kind of gross. I saw it laying on the floor and thought it looked "familiar", so I checked her belly button and the stump was gone. It was a little embarassing in the small room packed full of people to pick up a bellybutton stump off the floor and explaining to my 2 year old what it was then throwing it in the trash. *sigh*
Josephine is doing well with the new baby in the house. She loves Ada. She gets a little jealous, but for the most part she's happy. She likes to hold her and put blankets on her. Nathan has been around a lot this week, so he's able to give Josephine attention when I'm busy with Ada. And I'm trying to give Josephine as much attention as I can. I tried to get her to watch her movie in my bedroom so the three of us could lay down together, but she wouldn't do it.
That is all I have time for now. I'll keep posting pictures and maybe some video.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Ada pics and update.
Posted by A Southern Homeschooling Family at 9:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment