Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Sick Days

Josephine was sick this past weekend. She had/has a stuffy nose and had a pretty high fever. We called the doctor, but didn't make any trips to the office or hospital. Her fever broke for the final time on Monday night. Poor Nathan had to spend a couple nights in the guest room so Josephine could sleep with me (she takes up alot more room in bed than a baby should). I had to give her Tylenol/Advil every 2 hours during the night so it was much easier to keep her with me. Plus, she wouldn't lay down by herself anyway. She's doing fine now except for the stuffy nose that won't go away. Her appetite isn't quite back up to speed yet either.

Josephine stayed with Nathan Monday night while I went to a concert. (It was supposed to be our first real date night since Jo was born, but her fever put a dent into that.) But I did have my first night out by myself since she was born. I went to the concert by myself, but had a great time anyway. I worried about Josephine the whole time though. Go figure. I was clutching my phone the whole time. But she did really well with Nathan. She cried for the first 30 minutes or so, but took a nap on Nathan and was happy the rest of the night until I got home. Then she nursed, rocked, then slept through the night! It was a miracle! She slept through the night last night too. I certainly can't expect it three nights in a row, can I? : )

Here's a short Josephine Update:

  • Josephine won't say "hi" anymore, but she says "yeah" all the time (and at the appropriate times). "Hi" and "yeah". What kind of first words are those? : )
  • She learned how to open the Cheerio box today. Enough said.
  • I've started her on eating meats this week. Mostly the commercial pureed baby food. But she did have some ground turkey yesterday, which she liked. Cooked, of course. : )
  • She's been sticking her tongue out all weekend. I think it has something to do with her teeth.

Sorry I don't have any pictures this time, but she's been sick. Actually, all three of us have been sick. We're going to Atlanta this weekend so I'm sure I'll have some pictures to post next week.

Uh, oh. She's in the Cheerios box again . . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you guys are feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry yall have been sick. Will you be at church Sunday?

Anonymous said...

I pray that yall are feeling better, and I'll hopefully see you tomorrow.