
Josephine's cheeks droop while she sleeps. It's very cute.
Josephine showing off her fish tank. She loves to bang on the tank and watch the fish swim.
We went to Atlanta two weekends ago to visit Greg and Meredith. Josephine is watching Greg's XBox controller with great interest.
Josephine had a great time with Meredith.
I'll skip an intro and jump into a Josephine Update:
- Josepine will stand by herself for a few seconds if we let go of her without her realizing it. Once she realizes that she's doing it on her own, she falls down. She stood up from a squatting position by herself the other day.
- Josephine really enjoys music now. She'll rock on her hands and knees when music comes on. If she recognizes the music she turns and looks at us with a huge smile. "Circle of the Sun" is her favorite song (a revised version of Sally Roger's song).
- Josephine has started to bite with her two little teeth. She like to bite on clothing (which sometimes included the skin underneath) and on the seem that sticks up on the couches. I say "no bite" so much that she'll start shaking her head whenever I say "bite".'
- We started classes at The Little Gym yesterday. They have a bunch of small gymnastics equipment and they work on motor skills, pretty much, at Josephine's age. Josephine loved it. She was the only one not walking yet, but she could climb on a bunch of stuff. We worked on doing a front roll on a decline. Josephine loved it, but wouldn't tuck her head in. We are going again tonight. Nathan gets to go this time. : ) I want to start her on swim classes soon at the YWCA, but there weren't enough babies signed up this session so we'll have to wait until after Thanksgiving and try again.
- Josephine is still enjoying eating. She took a bottle of apple juice this morning! She's never taken a bottle for me before. I know she's getting to the age where she should use a cup, but she hasn't learned to use a sippy-cup and everything else is too messy. She won't hold the bottle on her own, though. She hasn't figured out to hold it up. Gravity. Such a pain. : )
- Josephine has started showing an interest in stuffed animals and dolls. She'll pick them up, hug them, and rock them. Very cute. I got a small dog (stuff animal, of course) for her yesterday. She loves it. She held it all the way home. She fell asleep on the way home holding its arm. When she woke up in her carrier she looked around, saw Nathan, and held up the dog to show him. : )
- Josephine still has a stuffy nose from the cold she had over 2 weeks ago. It's getting worse right now. I hope she's not getting sick again. She's having a hard time sleeping because she can't breathe well. I have to use the snot-sucker (I think the correct name is a nasal aspirator) in the middle of the night and most of the day. She's seems to be fine other ways, though.
- She's learning to climb stairs. She hasn't gone all the way up the staircase, but if I'm not in the same room with her, she'll come look for me including going up the stairs.
We still haven't made it to the zoo. Something comes up every time. We're going to try again this weekend. We also hope to go to an aquarium this winter either in Gatlinburg or Atlanta.
2 comments:
So...Greg and I agree that we sould be able to pre approve photos before they are posted. And we don't remember giving those our stamps of approval, we look like death warmed over!
On another note, So excited to hear Josephine is taking steps now!!!! Can't wait to see her running!
Meredith -- you two looked fine in the photos. : )
I closed my myspace account because someone hacked my site and was sending out those bulletins. Sorry about those.
Josephine wouldn't take any steps today. Maybe tomorrow. : )
Post a Comment