Tuesday, September 05, 2006

First Football Game



Josephine enjoyed her first UT football game last Saturday. Nathan has been looking forward to this day since we found out I was pregnant a year and a half ago. She and Naomi enjoyed watching Smokey sing Rocky Top. Well, Naomi did anyway. Josephine was a little weirded out by it.

We've managed to get a new living room this weekend. We got a new TV, TV stand, couches, and tables. I'm currently waiting on them to deliver the couches, but we had the new TV for the game. High definition is very nice!

Josephine and I will be going to the beach with my parents next week so it will probably be a couple weeks before the next blog entry unless Josephine does something miraculous. At least, more miraculous than she does on a daily basis. : )

Josephine Update:

  • Josephine will wave "hello" and say "hi". We figured that just about sums her up. She is such a people person! She seems much more contented and happy when she's around other people. On the flip side, she really enjoys playing by herself at home, especially if we've been gone for a long time. I think it's a good balance.
  • She's still cruising around going from one piece of furniture to another. Although, she's getting a little cocky and is starting to get hurt more often--usually hitting her head. That's how she learns.
  • With this more adventurous spirit she getting into things that she shouldn't, such as eletrical cords and sockets (covered, of course). She understands what "no" means very well. Most of the time she starts crying. It's so pitiful it's hard not to laugh. Other times she sees it as a game and keeps doing it until we move her.
  • I've finally found a food she doesn't like -- celery. I steamed and pureed it, but she doesn't like it. She'll eat cantaloupe (sp?) if you give her tiny pieces, but spits it out if it's pureed. Guess it's a texture thing. Sweet potatoes and cereal are still her favorites.
  • It's surprising to realize how many words, especially people's names, Josephine knows. She knows all her family's names. She even knows the difference between Elizabeth, Emily, and Drinnen (friends of ours).
  • She still has her funny crawl. She'll do a crab/spider crawl on her feet some of the time. Other times she'll use both knees. Other times she'll use her right knee and left foot. She can be very fast if there's something she really wants.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what a wonderful first game for her to see! Dressing up like a cheerleader is one thing, but wait til she wants to actually be one. HA!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that last post was from me (Star).. I cant remember my password. : )

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that she gave me a hug on Sunday.