Monday, June 18, 2007

Little Gym


Josephine loves to play with the balls at the Little Gym.


Josephine received a medal at the end of the semester at the Little Gym.


Josephine hanging all by herself on the bar.


Josephine jumping down from the balance beam.

As you can see, Josephine is still enjoying The Little Gym. These pictures were from 2 weeks ago. It was the last day of the spring semester and they had their "medal ceremony". She wears hers proudly around the house.

Josephine is doing better as far as her red blood cell count goes. She's still getting more energy and eating most of the day. She went for her 18-month checkup last Wednesday. She's about 22 lbs. and about 32 in. long. On Wednesday night she came down with a fever that didn't go away until Sunday night. We aren't sure what caused it, whether it be a virus, the immunizations, the anemia (probably not), or something else we don't know about. Today she's doing better, but she's still pretty pale. I may take her back to the doctor, but I'm not sure yet. As long as she's not developing any more symptoms I guess she'll be ok.

Josephine is talking alot more now. At least, we're able to understand more of what she's saying. She's always asking for cupcakes. She had one a few weeks ago and hasn't stopped asking for them since. She's also had her first french fries, potato chips, and banana pudding in the past couple weeks. She still likes her sweet potatoes and bananas, though. : ) Other cute things she says is "Here it is." It sounds like one word, but it's sweet. "Where'd it go? All gone." It sounds more like "w' go? All gone." She has a cute hand motion for that one too.

Coloring with crayons in her coloring book is one of her favorite activities now. She's getting better about applying enough pressure to actually leave a mark. If you ask her, every color is purple. She knows the different colors but likes to say the word purple.

We went to the pool about a week ago and Josephine had a blast. It was really cold, though. Josephine insisted on jumping off the side. We made her stop after 45 minutes or so because she was turning blue and purple. She was so excited. When I'm sure she's feeling better we'll probably join the local pool so she can go more often.

I'll post again in a couple weeks as long as nothing big happens with Josephine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I hear JoJo was sick the other week. I pray that she's getting better.

Anonymous said...

Wow, she hangs from the bar on her own!