Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day 2007


You can really see Josephine's teeth in this picture. Isn't she adorable?

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! We had a good Mother's Day weekend. Both the Moore's and the Anderson's came over to our house for lunch on Sunday. We spent the afternoon playing with Josephine and Naomi. Josephine and Nathan got me a gift certificate for an afternoon at the spa. I'm going tomorrow. : ) I think everyone had a good time.

Josephine is growing, growing, growing. Her legs are getting so long. She has 11 teeth. (One of the ones on the bottom still hasn't come in.) A few weekends ago, she was getting 5 teeth at once. Then the next weekend she was getting two more molars. There's something about the weekends, I don't know.

Talking is one of the skills she's working on lately. She will attempt most animal names. "Dog" sounds like "gog", and it says "ffffffff" (woof). Kittycats say "meow", pigs say "oink oink", lions say "rarr". Her favorite word to say is "Coke". No, she's never had any, don't worry. Another favorite is "cheese" (sounds like chsssssssss). Although, it's her favorite food so she might not say it so much if she didn't want it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. Josephine will say "Papaw", he's the first grandparent to hear their name from Josephine. She'll do the "g" for Granna and Grannie, but nothing more. She learned to say "E-uh" for Aunt Leah.

Josephine's demeanor has improved since a few weeks ago. I think her teeth were bothering her, causing the unpleasant temperment. She still kicks when I'm changing her diaper and pulls my hair to get the loud reaction out of me, but overall she's doing better. Meal time is getting harder as she becomes more opinionated about what she eats. Like I said before, she wants cheese 24-7. Cereal comes in a close second (baby cereal, not Cheerios). She knows the signs for both cheese and cereal and says "ssssss" for both of them. I'm having a hard time getting her to eat anything else. At least she's not insisting on Coke. : ) Josephine is getting very good at eating with her spoon. When I can get her to eat vegetables, she'll only eat the commercial pureed stuff. She's learned to tilt the bowl so that it's easier to get the food.

Josephine is sleeping through the night a majority of the time now, unless her teeth really hurt. It's so nice getting a full night's sleep again. She'll wake up and cry a little every once in awhile, but she'll put herself back to sleep. She's also down to one nap a day. It usually 2-3 hours. At night I usually start rocking her at 9pm and she usually goes to sleep by 10, 11 at the latest. Then she'll sleep until 9 or 10 the next morning unless I have to wake her up early to go somewhere.

No more bottle for Josephine. I've switched her to a sippy cup full time now. She still won't drink milk, though. But with the cups that she can't see through, she doesn't pitch a fit anymore when the liquid is not the right color in her mind.

We've had to stop the swimming lessons. The YWCA wasn't able to have lessons this session. I think we may just join a pool this summer instead of taking lessons. I need to call around and get prices on pool memberships. CourtSouth has the best pool for kids, but it's a longer drive than I want to take.

Josephine walked in the grass barefoot voluntarily last weekend. At first she had to hold my hand, but after a short time, she would walk in it by herself. Up until then she would cry and/or refuse to walk in the grass. She also enjoyed petting the camel last week when we went to the zoo. She used to be afraid to touch it. The scaredy cat phase seems to have passed.

Have a good week!


Josephine playing with Jonah. Jonah enjoys the attention.


Nathan and Josephine giving Jonah some love.


Josephine enjoys gathering eggs in the chicken house at Granna's.


Elizabeth and Josephine in a "self portrait".

0 comments: