


Josephine is a full-fledged baby now, no more newborn left. :( and : ) She likes to roll the soccer ball with her dad, and enjoys interacting with other kids. She opens her mouth as wide as she can when she's happy or anticipating something.
I only have a week of school left. In two weeks I'll be a full-time stay-at-home mom. I'm sure I'll have plenty to do. Josephine's cousin Naomie should be arriving within the next couple weeks so we'll probably do alot of visiting.
Josephine Update:
- As I said before, Josephine is starting to play with other people now instead of just by herself. She likes to "play soccer" with Nathan. He'll roll the ball to her, she'll pick it up, put it in her mouth, then drop it so it rolls back to Nathan. They'll do that for five minutes or more. (I think Nathan enjoys it more than Josephine : )
- I think he sleeping habits are getting a little better, slowly. The going-to-bed-early routine isn't working as planned, though. We'll get ready for bed around 7 (bath, pj's, read, eat, sing, sleep) and she'll usually go to sleep then, but only for 30-45 minutes. She'll stay up for 1-2 hours after that then go to sleep for the night. She's starting to sleep 3-5 hours for her first nighttime sleep. Better than 1-2 hours!!! She woke up at 5:50AM the other morning! She went back to sleep around 7:30am. That's not normal thank goodness.
- Josephine loves to play with Nathan's PlayStation keyboard. She keeps changing the settings on his game, it's funny. Nathan can't play right now because she's changed something and Nathan doesn't know how to fix it.
- She had her first bit of cereal two nights ago. She seemed to like it, but she doesn't know how to swallow it yet. She did much better yesterday. Her eyes get really big when the spoon comes to her mouth. : ) She stares our food and drink when we eat. I was drinking from a plastic bottle and she grabbed it out of my hands and brought it to her mouth. Luckily there wasn't much left in it. She knows how it works, though.
Josephine's Favorite Toys:
- Computer keyboards
- Remote controls
- Wet washcloths
- A toy mirror that has two big, red wheels. She likes the wheels.
- Teething rings (aka Slurples)
- Mom's hair
- Toy frogs
- Fingers (hers or someone else's)
Notice that only a couple of them are "real" toys.
What makes Josephine Josephine.
- Foot stomping when she's happy.
- Her amazing grip on my hair.
- Her red hair.
- Endless (loud) conversations with her frogs.
- Loooonnnnggg fingers and feet.
- Alert, intense stares.
- "Chicken wings" (the way her arms are always out).
- Legs that she crosses at her ankles when she's sitting or laying on her side.
- Perfect elipse-shaped yawns.
- Bunz that are Fuzzi (her thick cloth diapers).
0 comments:
Post a Comment